There is lots to know before you come for your first visit to our pool. Here is a list of items to keep in mind when you visit!
- Book a “Introductory Lesson“. This session is 30 minutes long and you will be with one of our certified canine swim coaches. Your coach will go over the rules and safety protocols of The Dog Pool. They will also give you advice and tips about introducing your dog to an indoor pool. This session is offered at a significant discount compared to our regular private lesson.
- What to bring: We highly recommend you wear clothes that are ok to get wet! Rubber boots and rain pants come in handy if you have them or bring a change of clothes. Your dog should be wearing a regular flat collar and have a leash you don’t mind getting wet. Bring a towel to dry you and your dog off after your session. Bring a chair for any spectator that you bring along. Bring a dog kennel if you have more than one dog and its only you.
- If your dog is uncomfortable around other people or dogs please let us know! We would rather keep our faces intact and live a full life. It’s ok if your dog doesn’t like people. We aren’t too fond of them sometimes either.
- We will ask you a series of questions about your dog’s history and water experience. You should trust that we have heard it all and argue about most of it. We have a plan, let us teach you!
- Most dogs do not jump off of the dock their first time to an indoor pool. Even the dogs that jump off a boat into the lake, the dock into the pond, or go swimming all of the time. Don’t rush your dog. This is all about fun. Let us help you help your dog to have fun!
- If you have more than one dog, GREAT!! Either bring enough people to hold the second dog while we are working the other in the water, or bring crates. You can set them up inside and rotate dogs as needed. We usually don’t have two dogs go at the same time for various reason, but take note that I used the word “usually”. There are exceptions.
- Your coach will be more than happy to answer any questions that you have! SO ASK! We love dogs, we love people who love dogs, and we love the water. We are here to help you love it here!
- Share pictures with us! Check-in at The Dog Pool on facebook or take us in your IG post @thedogpool_KC. We can’t get enough of our first timers pictures.
SCHEDULE YOUR INTRODUCTORY LESSON HERE!